Energybending - A Comparison
While the Lionturtle and Aang use the same technique, Amon seems to be using another method.
When Aang takes away Ozai’s bending, and when the Lionturtle teaches Aang energybending, they both thouch TWO points on the body, the yin tang and the ru zhong point aka the Ajna chakra and the Anahata chakra.
When Amon ‘takes away’ LBZ’s bending, he only touches ONE point, the yin tang.
Now what could that mean?
I think Amon is faking it. That he is making people believe that he is taking away their bending, when what he is actually doing is blocking a chakra.
Here is why:
Amon touches the yin tang point aka the Ajna chakra:Location: Midway between the medial ends of the eyebrows Actions& Effects:
- Calms the spirit - insomnia, anxiety, stress.
- Frontal headache.
- Sinus issues - congestion, sinusitis.
When Uncle is teaching Zuko about lightning, he talks about bending needing a certain amount of inner calm. So, if you were to close that chakra and lock all the anxiety inside someone, making them incapable of being calm, that would effectively take someone’s bending away.
Quite clever actually, since the more terrified they are/become the more permanent this block will be. And Amon is sure laying it on thick.
Note: This also means one should be able to undo it. Which is good, considering some of the promos we’ve seen.
Image source: One
Thank you tumblr.
I think the OP also forgot that his index finger is pressing the Taiyang point:
- Actions & Effects:
- Temporal, one-sided a/or migraine headaches.
- Eye issues - pain, swelling, redness, photophobia, visual acuity.
- Local point for tootache, facial paralysis, pain, etc.
- Classically mentioned in the Ode of the Jade Dragon for swelling of the breast (bleed bilaterally).
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Headaches, dizziness, eye and/or sinus issues. For migraines use with GB 20 and LI 4.
Remember his eyes?
This all would back the theory going around the anti-bending movement is the Kyoshi warriors gone very wrong when Suki got all butthurt about the lack of bending.
Also, Amon is butthurt. Just butthurt, about everything. But I reckon he’s mainly butthurt about being a very very weak bender.
I can’t believe Suki would front the anti-bending movement. I don’t have any idea why but I love her and I want her to stay badass SOB